Monday, November 14, 2005

Just Chillin'

I arrived at Hornbill Campsite by boda boda, and was greeted by two dogs very aggressively running at the bike and barking and growling. Not the most auspicious welcome, though once I had been there a few minutes they started acting like puppies wanting their bellies rubbed and generally being very friendly.

So I didn’t get to do much, just chill on the beach and a little bit of kayaking in the morning. (I suck at kayaking, I kept going in circles and drifting out to sea until my arms were aching and I managed to get back into shore.) Still it was nice to get away.

There was a huge group of Danish and German volunteers at the campsite, and in the evening we had some beers and a campfire which was nice. But the best part was after everyone else had gone to their tents, I got into a hammock under a palm tree and lay there for quite a while just staring up at the sky, feeling incredibly peaceful. I wanted to just stay there and sleep under the stars, but sleeping without a net isn’t a great idea! But I think if I go back there sometime I might take my mosquito net and see if they’ll let me string it up over a hammock instead of tenting.

I also took a number of pictures; I’ll be posting them later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home