Monday, December 12, 2005

Perhaps this fifty thousand shilling note would help to speed up the process?

What is it with me and my passport? I think that this relationship has become quite unhealthy! Some of you will remember my frantic search for my passport before leaving for Uganda, it was eventually found in a place I had checked numerous times and I suspected I had a Pooca (one of the wee folk which hides things and moves them around.)

But this time a much more insidious force then the wee folk is at work. My passport is at the immigration office, going through the hoops for a work permit. A man from the finance office at the university has been working on it, and he keeps telling me that he’s going “tomorrow” to immigration, but then he comes back and tells me that they told him to come back “tomorrow”. But there aren’t that many “tomorrows” left before my plane takes off from Entebbe. I’m leaving early on Monday morning, so I MUST have the passport in my hand by Friday at the latest. Sooner would be better for my blood pressure.
I guess like before I should just keep faith that it will all work out. But it’s much harder to do so when the whole thing is out of my hands, and in the hands of the bureaucracy of an inefficient and often corrupt third world state!

6 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hun, I know it sounds like a pretty trite thing to say, but next week at this time it'll all seem like a distant memory. We're all here, eagerly awaiting your homecoming.

Luv!

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

thanks darling! I too am eagerly awaiting my return to PEI. Keep tuesday night free for drinks! yup, I'll be home one week from today!

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been trying to call me? There's a weird number showing up on my phone and when I answer it, there's no one there. Spooky. If it is you, perhaps you could email, me?

I'm picking a box of wine this weekend. Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Lobo said...

Yup, i've been trying but not getting through. I'll send an email, but damn, I want to talk to you live, its much nicer that way!

I'll be home on Tuesday, can't wait to chill out with you over a couple glasses of wine!

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of glasses? Honey, I said I'm buying a BOX of wine.....
;)

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

lmao... are you sure a box will be enough? I mean, that's ONLY 3 litres of wine! Just to be sure I'll hit the duty free at heathrow! And I'll bring back some waragi for everyone to try as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home