Monday, September 26, 2005

Bats, Monkeys, and Locusts, Oh my!

Wildlife update, first of all the thing that swooped at me the other night was not a strange bird it was a bat! Yucky!

On Sunday a new friend here took me on a walk up a hillside past the local primary school and I saw Monkeys hanging out in a mango grove. I also saw banana trees! Actually, I've been seeing them everywhere, but now I know what they are!

At the top of the hill we could look down over the whole area, even see the misty outlines of the distant shores of Lake Victoria. The only thing I have to say is Verdant. Verdant is my word of the day.

And the same new friend stopped by my office today holding a locust he had caught to show me. It was actually bigger than his hand. So its been pretty eventful around here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home