Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Traveling for errands and work is not fun!

Not much going on here. Too much traveling, on Friday I was in Kampala for a meeting and I picked up my plane ticket. Then on Saturday I went to Mbarara for a development studies conference. We left at 5:30 in the morning and weren’t back until 9:30 at night. The conference had some interesting speakers; there was an American who was excellent, but also the usual problems with time management and facilitation. Particularly ironic is that one of the speakers mentioned this problem as one of the things that is holding Uganda back from development, and yet his 10 minute speech took nearly 40 minutes. The problem is acknowledged by everyone, yet no one wants to exercise restraint when they themselves are speaking!

Then yesterday I found out from human resources that they needed two more passport photos to send to immigration. Seeing as I became an illegal alien on Friday when my initial entry permit expired, I had to go to Kampala to get the photos right away. So yesterday I was again traveling!

I think I’ll have a relaxed couple of days here, then head to Jinga this weekend for some rafting, and, if I can work up the courage, bunging jumping! Or possibly Queen Elizabeth for a safari.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, remember that Simpsons episode? "Discount Lion Safari... alright!!! "

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

I haven't seen that one, but I take it the idea is the a discount safari is a bad idea? Perhaps especially in Queen Elizabeth, as it is one of only two places where the lions climb trees, so getting away from a lion could be hard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home