Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Another day in Nkosi...

Today was pretty slow, Max (my boss) introduced me to some more of the staff in the morning, and I spent the afternoon working on the Gender and Development course module. It’s a lot of writing, but I found some stuff in another module that can be revised for this one. The modules are around 100 pages each, so its going to be a lot of work.

After tea I went on a walk through the village and looked in the stores. I bought a pair of sandals for 5000 shillings (about $3), and some sweet bananas. So see, T-dawg, I can buy shoes here, and for so much cheaper!

And the men here are a bit too friendly, anyone have any ideas how I should politely say lets just be friends?

5 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

Unfortunatly I already admitted to not going to church, but thanks for the suggestion Nick.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a picture of a man to carry with you. It could go along with your wedding band, to be you're betrothed/husband or whatever.
I'll get Willy to send you a pic. I'd get Jamie or Danny to do it but I don't think they would be convincing...."Why is your husband wearing lipstick?" Heehee.

I assume telling them that you're gay would be a bad idea. Yeah, I figured.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Lobo said...

Saying I'm gay would not be good here, I had a conversation (at the bar) about gay people, and it just totally astounded them. It wasn't even hateful, just they totally don't get how someone could be gay.

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie!
I guess I now have a proper excuse to finally run out and buy that digital camera I've been thinking of getting for the past year-and-a-half. I don't know if you have a colour printer on-site, but I can snap a pic over the weekend and E-mail it to you so you can print it into a convenient wallet-sized card to carry around with you if it will help keep those would-be Don Juans at bay. That, and my picture travelling around in your wallet is probably the closest I'll ever come to visiting Africa (at least in this lifetime - heh heh :-)

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

Awesome. Don't know if you guys will be my husbands (hey, they're into polygymy here, maybe I should have more then one husband!), but i'd love to have pics from home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home