Sunday, March 19, 2006

Another Crazy Night in Kampala

Friday night Alexis and I were invited to go dancing with some students. Here is how it works – a matatu is booked to drive to Kampala around 11pm, and return around 5 or 6am. Because a big group goes, no one has to pay cover. So the van was supposed to go at 10pm… then at 11… then we waited for everyone to show up until after midnight.

Following a somewhat scary drive (no headlights doesn’t rule out night driving in Uganda), we arrived at the basement, were ushered into the VIP room, and danced till around 5:30. The club was very hot and sweaty as the AC wasn't working, so we were very very glad to hang in the more comfortable VIP room! And again, I have to say that african women can really dance! I have to learn how they do that with their hips!

Then Alexis and I went to a friends apartment to crash, then we woke up, had a huge, HUGE Indian meal (mmmm… curry!) and went shopping, then back to Nkozi again.

I’m busy planning my itinerary for my trip now, and I’ll post it as soon as I’m done so ya’ll can have some idea where I’m at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home