Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More pics from Murchison!

After the morning game drive we went back to the red chili campsite and spent a couple of hours sprawled across the wicker furniture of the bar. Under its thatched roof we at least had shade, though the heat was still intense, the air still and heavy and hot. We had lunch and chatted languidly; sweat pooling in-between legs crossed for even a moment. It was one of the hottest days of the year, and we were in one of Uganda’s hottest areas!

This little guy ran by while we were lounging



Then in the late afternoon we went on the launch trip up the Nile from Paraa to the falls.

Here I am on the boat.



Along the way we saw lots of animals coming down to the river to drink, such as elephants and waterbucks.







And then there were the water based animals. We saw hundred of hippos







And crocodiles, including some crocs with their dinner (poor baby hippo!)





We also saw some cool birds



And then we reached the falls, where we anchored by a rock and everyone climbed out to have a picture taken with the falls as a background.





The next morning we were up very early to go chimp trekking in the forest. The forest was gorgeous to walk through, but the chimps, when we found them, were very far away and hard to see. Here is the best of the (not so great) pictures.





And lastly, a very blurry picture of me in front of a giant tree!



Then we went back to Kampala, lounged around Red Chili for a while, and then celebrated our trip with a huge feast of Indian food and dancing till the wee hours at Ange Noir Nightclub.

6 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hun!
Love the lizard pictures (the little orange guy and the crocs). Those are some great shots you got there.

I'm glad you're having a good time. I can't wait to hear all your stories when you come home. Missing you very much, but I know you're having fun.

Big HUGZ!!!

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, can you sneak a lizard out of the country for me? It doesn't have to be a big lizard: just a wee one will do (although a croc would be perfect).

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

ok, here's the plan: i'll buy an extra suitcase, and put holes in it (for airflow). Then I'll head over to the croc farm, jump into the pit filled with about 100 baby crocs, grab the cutst and free it from its destiny as shoes or a purse, stick it in the suitcase, fend off the other crocs clamoring for freedom, and escape with most of my limbs still attached!

err... or like, maybe I could get you a carving of one instead?

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh-heh!
No need to risk limbs, although the thought of baby crocs growing up and being turned into luggage and accessories kinda upsets me. Your excellent pics are good enough for me, and I'll be so happy to see you when you get back.
Many HUGZ!!!

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaah. And here I was picturing you mud wrestling crocs.
Way to ruin my fun. ;)

I like the last pic, the tree pic. Looks haunted.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

Will - The idea of turning them into accessories bothers me too. Think I'll stick to faux-croc, especially seeing how they are raised. its relly sad. I posted about it way back in Octber when I went to the crocodile farm.

Joe - hmmm... how should I respond to that... I think I'll just leave it alone!

And if you like that blurry pic, wait till you see my butterfly ghosts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home