Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Two weeks To Nairobi - Great Rift Valley, Here I Come!

So here is the plan: After hanging out for a few days at Sipi Falls in Uganda, I will cross the border on Sunday at Malaba in Kenya, then head to Kakamega Forest. I will stay overnight, do some walking in the forest, then head to Saiwa Swamp just north of Kitale for a couple of hours walking in one of the smallest parks in Africa. I will then head to Nakuru; I should arrive there around the 29th. I will explore the nearby Hyrax Hill Prehistoric Site, and arrange a short safari into Lake Nakuru National Park, then head up to Lake Bogoria for a day or two with the flamingos. I will probably spend around 4 days in Nakuru and the surrounding area. I will then head for Naivasha around the 2nd of April. I will hang out at the lake, see the game reserve, go biking in Hell’s Gate, and hiking on Mt. Longonot. I expect to spend around 4 or 5 days in Naivasha and surrounding. On my way from Naivasha to Nairobi I will stop at Thomson’s Falls for a short hike, likely won’t stay overnight. I should be arriving in Nairobi sometime around the 8th. From Nairobi I may head to Arusha in Tanzania, or I may skip Tanzania and head for the coast. I'll let ya'll know when I do.

So there is a rough outline of my first two weeks or so of traveling. This itinerary is subject to change, but gives some idea of the route I will be taking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home