Monday, April 17, 2006

Really Quick Update from Lamu

Hi all. I'm now in Lamu, having stopped at watamu and Malindi on route. Internet is ten times the price it is on the mainland, so this is going to be super quick. I hung out at the beach in Watamu and Malindi, saw the Gede Ruins, and got a sunburn lying by the pool at an upmarket hotel in Malindi. I have swum in the Indian Ocean; I also figured out why people go to beach locations but hang out at hotel pools: seaweed and beach boys. thought i had figured out how to get beach boys to leave me alone, by tipping a hotel security guy to keep them away, but then the security guy started bugging me for a date. My fake boyfriend at home didn't help, instead it led him onto a rant about how its not natural to abstain, and i should have a boyfriend in Kenya too, cause my boyfriend probably isn't waiting for me! Such is the attitude here. So now I'm in Lamu, going on a dhow trip tommorrow, and coming home as soon as my travel agent gets back to his office and arranges my flight!

3 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Matty said...

You are such a temptress on whichever continent you are on!! lol

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny Laurie! So, beach boys are a bad thing, my temptress? lol

So, are you home this weekend or what??

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

Checking email now to find out if I got a flight. Though I now love Lamu (Funny how being sick then not totally changes your view, huh?) so I kind of want to stay a bit longer. I should have skipped Malindi and come straight here.

I'm a temptress? Since when?

LMAO, but thanks matty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home