Friday, March 24, 2006

Setting Out

I'm in Kampala, taking advantage of what may well be the last internet access I'll have for a while, certainly the last free email access. I'm a bit late setting out, meant to be in Sipi by now, but I decided to save some cash by staying in Nkozi last night instead of heading for Kampala, then I was busy with errands till afternoon, at which point it was a bit late to set out, as I don't like arriving in new towns after dark. So I had a nice lunch with Alexis and stopped at Aristotle (nice bookstore in Kampala) and bought Long Walk to Freedom, Nelson Mandela's autobiography, which looks very interesting, and also, being as it was a long walk, a good read for a long journey. (By that I mean it'll take a while to read, a good thing when bookstores are few and far between.)

So tommorrow I head to Sipi, then into Kenya. See below for more detailed plans. And I have asked my parents to post in the comments here when they hear from me, so if I'm away from the internet too long you'll all know that I haven't been eaten by a hyena!

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

Hi Nick,

Lost your page during a problem with my template, tried to look you up but couldn't find you. What is your blog addy?

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

Are you finally going to reveal your secret identity?

And I did try to find you by hitting your name... but did someone hijack your blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home