Monday, April 24, 2006

An Epic Journey

So, I left Lamu Sunday morning, boat to the mainland then 7 hours on a bus, then took the night train to Nairobi, another 17 hours. Now I'm waiting for another bus, 12 hours this time, to get to Kampala. Then a matatu to nkozi, boda boda to UMU, car to airport, and a couple really long plane rides. And of course I'll take the tube in London. So i've got 6 days of travelling on everything but hotair balloons to get home! But the one part of the journey that is still uncertain is how to get from Halifax to PEI! Isn't it ironic that I can travel six days, through 3 continents, and the hardest bit is the final 3 hours to get home!

So, unless by some miracle I find a ride waiting at the airport (4:40pm, Halifax airport) I guess I'll be overnighting in Halifax and taking the shuttle to PEI on Saturday.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be why texting isn't working.
Oh well... drop me a line when you get to canada, or msn me when you get someplace with messenger. :)

MAde a few inquiries... I don't know anyone in halifax anymore. Anyone that owes me enough for a 3 hour drive is making themselves scarce.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Lobo said...

will do. Dad is picking me up after all. It'll be a bit of a wait, but at least I'm not overnighting! But thanks for asking around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home