Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Lamu is Wonderful

Well, now that I can hold solid food in my stomach again, I am loving Lamu! Spent the day on a dhow trip. We sailed for a bit, went fishing (caught so many fish! about 20! the first line I cast got a bite! Sylvia (Norwegian girl I went with) caught 2 on one hook!) then sailed to Manda Beach and spent a coupple hours swimming and chilling out in hammocks. And had an amazing lunch of rice, vegatable curry, and barbequed fish. All in all an amazing day. I never want to leave. (But don't worry, I will still be home soon.)

5 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were sick? That sucks Honey!

So, you said you were checking your email about your flight? Any word??

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Glad you're feeling better. Had a message that you were sick, then nothing.

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

Yeah, sucks, but I'm better now. Got an email from travel agent that told me a flght was available, when it lands in london, when it leaves london, but not when it leaves entebbe or arrives in Halifax. He's an idiot.

Joe - You aren't getting my messages? I have sent a couple. But another friend stopped getting them like two weeks ago and called yesterday to ensure I hadn't been kidnapped by bandits! Yeah, something is wrong with texting. Send me one and I'll try to reply, that might work.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Laura

I finally found the web address to your blog. I hadn't heard from you since you left..was starting to get worried. I have been sending you emails..Have you got any of them? I am flying out May 8th and I will arrive in Halifax May 9th..what is your plan..let me know. My email is Alexis.kraig@smu.ca

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Lobo said...

Oh no! I lost your email adress (along with my travel journal!!!) and haven't been getting your emails. Everything is great here, (you have to come to Lamu, its so wonderful). Sending you an email now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home